Weeknight and weekend shifts required. We do NOT hire for seasonal positions and are only looking for those who can make a longer term commitment.
- 24-35 hrs per week, hourly wage plus tips of $3-6++/hr DOE.
- Works Thurs-Sun, with more shifts available with both day and night shifts.
- Helps to find fill-in for open shifts.
- Paid break.
- Assures continuity and quality of service with employees in tea brewing, food prep, safe handling and customer service.
- Works with owners to improve and modify approaches.
- Places perishable food orders on a daily basis as needed and goes food shopping 1-2x/week.
- Assures tea and food is stocked for brewing, cooking and bulk sales
- Knows how to deal with small, challenging situations diplomatically.
- Performs inventory, creating simple signage and generally cares for the tearoom and it’s cleanliness.
- Delegates tasks as needed and assures follow-through.
- Must be mature, responsible, clean, present yourself well, and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid job history and references required.
- This position involves thorough, intense training in the history, brewing and serving of tea (Camelia sinensis) which takes 2-3 months to master.
- A positive attitude, being able to work as part of a team, commit to learn the material, and an enjoyment for working with the public is a must.
- The experience of the customer in the tearoom is that of a relaxing environment, but working in the tearoom is sometimes physically demanding, even when the tearoom is just slightly busy, and more so on a busy weekend day.
What we offer:
- A fun, dynamic, supportive team and environment to work in
- Full training in tea – history, culture and brewing
- Employee discount
- Free meal per 3+ hr shift
- Shifts are about 6-8 hours long
- Flexible or fixed work schedule
- Healthy vegetarian food
- Locally owned and owner operated
Please email the following:
- A cover letter describing your tea knowledge, relevant experience, and daily availability
- Resume including food service and management experience
- 3 references pertaining to food service, management,
Email to email@example.com. Be sure to include:
- your knowledge and/or interest in tea and tea culture and/or enthusiasm in learning about it
- your management experience, if any
- any food service experience
- your work experience and how it relates to working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- hours of availability weekly
Please make sure your application materials are complete otherwise they will not be considered. We will only be in touch with candidates we are interested in interviewing. Thanks for looking!
No phone calls or drop-ins, please.