Learn about Tea. Work with Great People.
Weekend and night time shifts required with possible weekday shifts, and working at least 1 shift Sat-Sun is a requirement.
We do NOT hire for seasonal positions and are only looking for those who can make a longer term commitment.
Nights and weekends required.
About the position:
- 16-25+ hours/week
- Must be mature, responsible, clean, present yourself well, and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to stand on your feet 5+ hours/shift.
- This position involves thorough, intense training in the history, brewing and serving of tea (Camellia sinensis, not herbals) which takes 2-3 months to master. Hence, we are not hiring folks who can’t commit to a longer term of at least 8 months.
- A positive attitude, being able to work as part of a team, fill in for shifts, learn the material, and an enjoyment for working with the public is a must.
- The experience of the customer in the tearoom is that of a relaxing environment, but working in the tearoom is sometimes physically demanding and can be overwhelming, even when the tearoom is just slightly busy, and more so on a busy weekend day.
- Base hourly wage plus tips totaling $14-18++/hr
What we offer:
- A fun, dynamic, supportive team and environment to work in
- Opportunity for advancement
- Raise(s) based on performance and passing tea training to become a Devotea
- Full training in tea – Camelia Sinensis – history, culture and brewing (herbals are part of our offer but not the focus of the tea training)
- Up to 8 hours of pay for learning the material outside normally scheduled hours
- Employee discount
- Free tea while on shift
- Free meal per 3+ hr shift
- Shifts are 6-8 hours long
- Flexible or fixed work schedule
- Healthy vegetarian food
- Opportunity to work in a locally owned and operated business that has connections to tea growing regions all over the world – Africa, Turkey, India, China, Japan, Korea, etc.
- Most of your coworkers have been here longer than 1 year
Send the following:
- A cover letter describing your tea knowledge and your relevant work experience and how it relates to working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Daily availability – hours looking to work per week and specific days of availability
- Resume including work experience and any food service experience
- 3 professional references, preferably previous managers
Email to .
Please make sure your application materials are complete otherwise they will not be considered.
We will be in touch with candidates we are interested in interviewing.
Thanks for looking!
No phone calls or drop-ins, please.