Learn about Tea. Work with Great People.
Weekend and night time shifts required with possible weekday shifts, and working at least 2 shifts Fri-Sun is a requirement.
We do NOT hire for seasonal positions and are only looking for those who can make a longer term commitment.
About the position:
- Part time, 25-30 hours/week.
- Must be mature, responsible, clean, present yourself well, and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to stand on your feet 5+ feet/shift.
- This position involves thorough, intense training in the history, brewing and serving of tea (Camelia sinensis, not herbals) which takes 2-3 months to master. Hence, we are not hiring folks who can’t commit to a longer term of at least 8 months.
- A positive attitude, being able to work as part of a team, learn the material, and an enjoyment for working with the public is a must.
- The experience of the customer in the tearoom is that of a relaxing environment, but working in the tearoom is sometimes physically demanding, even when the tearoom is just slightly busy, and more so on a busy weekend day.
- Base hourly wage plus tips
What we offer:
- A fun, dynamic, supportive team and environment to work in
- Opportunity for advancement to assistant manager
- Raise(s) based on performance and passing tea training to become a Devotea
- Full training in tea – history, culture and brewing
- Up to 8 hours of pay for learning the material outside normally scheduled hours
- Employee discount
- Free meal per 3+ hr shift
- Shifts are 5-7 hours long
- Flexible or fixed work schedule
- Opportunity to go on tea trips after 1 year to tea countries
- Healthy vegetarian food
- Locally owned and owner operated
Send the following:
- A cover letter describing your tea knowledge and relevant experience
- Daily availability
- Resume including all work experience and any food service experience
- 3 professional references
Email to email@example.com. Be sure to include:
- your knowledge and/or interest in tea and tea culture and/or enthusiasm in learning about it
- any food service experience
- your work experience and how it relates to working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- hours and days of availability
Please make sure your application materials are complete otherwise they will not be considered.
We will be in touch with candidates we are interested in interviewing.
Thanks for looking!
No phone calls or drop-ins, please.